Long-term Capital Growth, Accumulation and Preservation
using Multi-asset & Multi-strategy Approach
The Foundation portfolio is exposed to Indian Equities through broad-based indices, gold, corporate bonds and government bonds in order to grow, accumulate and preserve capital useful for covering the needs of life.
Core Investment Objectives
of the Foundation Portfolio
Solutions, System & Strategy
- Preserve, Accumulate and Grow wealth with a time horizon of 10 years and beyond
- Gain by investing in Multi-asset & Multi-strategy portfolios.
- Start with a minimum lump sum and add more using SIP or lump sum at any schedule
- 5 Asset Classes (India Equity | Equity Arbitrage | Gold | Corporate Bonds | Government Bonds)
- Monthly Signal Review for India Equity, U.S. Equity, and Gold.
- Low Churn
- Majority of trades fall under LTCG
- Mutual Funds holdings only
Preferences, Capacity & Requirements
Exposure to volatility
Suitable for: All Risk Profiles
Minimum ticket size of investment
- Minimum Capital: 5 Lac.
- Ticket Size: Low ✕ | Medium ✕ | High ✓
Minimum Holding Period
- Long-term (to be realized after 10 years or beyond)
Best used to:
- Cover contingencies
- Create a psychological buffer
- Save for retirement
Meeting the Investment Objectives of the Foundation Portfolio
Strategic Asset Allocation
Age-decade-linked Glide Path
- A Glide Path is a strategic asset allocation that changes with age by moving to more conservative assets as individuals mature.
- The Foundation portfolio uses an Age-decade-linked Glide Path that moves from a higher allocation to Growth & Accumulation Assets in the 20s to a higher allocation to Preservation Assets beyond the 60s.
- The Foundation Portfolio takes exposure to Growth and Accumulation assets through the dynamically-allocated and tactically-managed Prosperity Portfolio and to Preservation assets through the strategically-allocated Comfort Portfolio.
- Prosperity and Comfort portfolios form a Strategic Barbell between asset classes which moves its balance with time.
- Allocation does not change every year since it is not tax-efficient, but only changes once a decade as individuals mature and enter different phases of their lives.
- Strategic rebalancing is done using fresh capital allocation.
- Dynamic rebalancing is done on a monthly basis as per the Prosperity portfolio rebalancing.
Balancing between the dynmaically-allocated Prosperity portfolio and the strategic-allocation Comfort portfolios
Growth & Accumulation Assets
The Investment Objective of Creating and Maintaing wealth
Managed using the Cygnus Algorithm
Features of the Cygnus Sub-Portfolio
- Takes exposure in Large caps only through the NIFTY50 and NIFTY NEXT50 broad-based indices using low-cost Index Funds.
- Mixes different proportions of the 2 indices in various proportions to form 5 different risk configurations.
- Parks in Equity arbitrage as an alternate asset when no opportunities are available in equity or gold.
Managed using the Sagittarius Algorithm
Features of the Norma Sub-Portfolio
- Takes exposure to physical gold through electronically traded low-cost gold funds and fund of funds.
- Parks in Equity arbitrage as an alternate asset when no opportunities are available in gold or equity.
The Investment Objective of Parking Capital in Safe Assets
India Corporate Bonds
Managed using the Scutum-Crux Algorithm
Features of the Scutum-Crux Sub-Portfolio
- Takes exposure to short-duration corporate debt with a duration from 1 to up to 3 years.
- Mixes different proportions of 100% AAA, 90% AAA and 80% AAA debt funds in various proportions to form 5 different risk configurations.
India Government Bonds
Managed using the Norma Algorithm
Features of the Norma Sub-Portfolio
- Takes exposure to fixed and variable duration government debt with a duration greater than 3 years.
- Mixes different proportions of fixed maturity and variable maturity government debt funds in various proportions to form 5 different risk configurations.
Invest in the Foundation Portfolio
You can invest through our partner Administration Platform.
Multi-Asset Broad-Market Portfolios for Preservation, Accumulation & Growth
using Mutual Funds
The Galactic Family of Portfolios
When you decide to invest for your future self, be it 10, 20, 30, or 50 years from today, we respect your choice that requires a long-term commitment. During this time you may encounter:
- Turbulence in the markets
- Personal challenges
Investment portfolios suffer the greatest damage when these events coincide (need for money and drop in portfolio value). The Galactic Suite provides a comfortable and doable investment journey while avoiding unsavory outcomes using 5 strategies combined to make 5 portfolios for the long to medium term.
Inspiration Behind The Galactic Suite
The Galactic Suite is inspired by The Milky Way galaxy, which has 5 arms in the shape of Golden Spirals. 5 itself is a Fibonacci number.
Correspondingly, the Galactic Suite’s portfolios, are themselves a portfolio of 5 strategies representing the 5 arms of the Milky Way.
Each of these strategies gives exposure to a separate asset class and is named after the arms of the Milky Way galaxy: