Short-term Capital Appreciation with a 3 Yr horizon using Risk-seeking Bets in an Allcap universe
The Hurricane Portfolio is exposed to Indian Equities through a focused-equity strategy based on risk-seeking mean-reversion bets run over a universe of all stocks in order to Appreciate Capital in a limited period of time.
Satellite Investment Objectives
of the Hurricane Portfolio
The Hurricane Portfolio Batches shows High-Risk/ High-Reward spread of Rolling Returns in 5 Numbers.
Invest in the Hurricane Portfolio through smallcase
Solutions, System & Strategy
- Generate returns to grow wealth with a time horizon of up to 3 to at most 5 years
- Buy stocks at cheap valuations at the right time each quarter as a batch
- Minimum lump sum entry only for each quarterly batch (one-time entry)
- At the end of the run for a batch (3 to 5 years) retire or redeploy capital in a fresh batch
- 5 Stocks (All-cap Universe) per batch
- Quantitative ✓ | Fundamental ✓ | Technical ✓
- Quarterly Signal Review
- Low Churn
- Delivery-based & Long-only
- Majority of trades fall under LTCG
NOTE: The portfolio is designed for continuous investment every quarter in a fresh batch in order to realize the long-term characteristics.
- Red-flag Stage (Filters for overvalued stocks)
- Yellow-flag Stage (Mean-reversion factor | Stock-trend | Value-factor)
- Green-flag Stage (Stock patterns)
- Risk-management Stage (Stock-trend | Market-trend)
Note: The portfolio does not follow any market cycles.
Understand the 5-Stage Investment Process
Preferences, Capacity & Requirements
Exposure to volatility
Low ✕ | Medium✕ | High ✓
Minimum ticket size of investment
- Recommended Capital Ceiling: 10 Lac. per batch
- Minimum Capital: 1 Lac. per batch
- Ticket Size: Low ✕ | Medium ✕ | High ✓
Minimum Holding Period
3 to 5 Years
- Short-term (to be realized after 3 years or beyond)
- On achieving the end of the cycle for investment capital to be retired for de-risking
The experience of being invested in the Hurricane Portfolios over 3 years.
Batch Wise Returns
3 Year Returns plots indicate a cycle which cannot be predicted, yet generates good returns.
Invest in the Tornado Portfolio
You can invest through your existing broker integrated with our partner Administration Platforms.
Focused-Equity Portfolios for Short to Medium-term Positional Trading
The Fluid Family of Portfolios
Market-cap or Size is a well-established quantitative factor for generating out-performance. Market-cap is directly correlated to returns and inversely correlated to safety and liquidity. However, by identifying and isolating specific security behavioral patterns, consistent profits with compounding characteristics can be generated in the short term. This implies that the benefits of smaller size companies (higher returns) can be enjoyed with a lower downside (drawdowns).
The Fluid Suite provides performance by trading consistent patterns found in stocks using 3 strategies combined to make 4 portfolios. The defined universe is large to micro-cap.
Inspiration Behind The Fluid Suite
The Fluid Suite is inspired by the motion of air and water (fluids) in the various natural phenomenon on planet Earth. The planet is a complex system that uses these natural phenomena to dissipate built-up energy.
Waves are the resulting motion of energy dissipation between 2 fluid media – air and water.
A Tornado is a vertical column of air dissipating energy from air over land.
A Hurricane is large and widespread of energy dissipation of air over the sea as well as land.
Each of these phenomena has a geometry that is made up of 1 or more Golden Spirals.